~ About the Pittsfield Art Show ~
The Pittsfield Art Show outdoor weekend will take one year off in 2011, and will return in July, 2012, to a renewed downtown Pittsfield.
For information on applying for the 2012 show, please return to this website in January, 2012, when the 2012 application will be posted. The submission deadline for consideration will be April 1, 2012.
Berkshire Art Association, Downtown Inc., the City of Pittsfield’s Office of Cultural Development and Artscape Committee look forward to continuing to present this high quality, regional juried show of fine art and craft.
We invite you in 2011 to the exciting first “retrospective” Invitational at the Lichtenstein Center for the Arts on exhibit June 10 through July 17, 2011.
For additional information, please contact Mary Rentz
- PITTSFIELD ART SHOW is a juried fine art and crafts outdoor show sponsored by the City of Pittsfield’s Cultural Development Office and Artscape Committee, Downtown Inc, and the Berkshire Art Association. Our mission is to promote downtown Pittsfield as an arts destination and to provide area artists and artisans a high quality, outdoor summer outlet to sell their work.
- SHOW DATES - Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Rain or shine.
- JURY PROCESS – Art professionals jury the show. Each year PAS has a new jury.
- All exhibitors must submit the application form, along with the application fee and three images of their work. Each artist sharing a tent must submit a separate application. Note: Only TWO artists may share a tent. Artists will be notified of acceptance by May 1st. An additional jury may be held if space is not filled in first jury.
- IMAGE FORMATS – All exhibitors MUST SUBMIT THREE IMAGES of their work for the jury. Each image should be on a separate 8 x 10 or 8.5 x 11 sheet. All images should have artist name, name of piece, size of piece, medium, and an arrow indicating TOP on back of prints. DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS. These images are what will be juried.If you would like your work to be considered for promotional materials, submit a CD with your images at 300dpi. Note: the CD images will NOT be used for the jury. By submitting your CD, you are allowing the Pittsfield Art Show to use your images for promoting the show.
- FEES – $10 APPLICATION FEE must be submitted with application.
THE BOOTH FEE of $85 must be paid by May 15 (this reserves your 10 x10 ft booth space). TENTS (10 x10) may also be reserved for an additional $60. GRIDS (2×7 ft) for hanging art are available for $5 each. (max. 6 – first come first served)Checks should be made payable to the “Berkshire Art Association” with “Pittsfield Art Show” in the memo. Application fee is non-refundable. You may also pay by credit card using the credit card form at back of application.
MAIL TO: Pittsfield Art Show, c/o Downtown Inc., P.O. Box 725, Pittsfield, MA 01202.
- CREDIT CARD processing will be available at the show and will be provided by BAA for a small fee. A check for CC sales, minus the fee, will be MAILED to the artist two weeks after the show. We encourage you to handle sales by cash or check, if possible.
- PUBLICITY – Show will be promoted through the regional media, including tourism websites, the Berkshire Eagle, regional news and art publications, and regional tourism racks. The Committee will use a few select images in promotional material. We will send every artist 50 promotional cards for personal mailings – more upon request.
- PAS Invitational @ Lichtenstein Center for the Arts. Artists applying to the Art Show may elect to also be juried for the month-long Invitational by checking the appropriate box on the application form. The exhibit will be open during the Art Show. Sales in the gallery are subject to a 30% commission fee which goes to the Pittsfield Art Show. We are unable to accept jewelry submissions for the Invitational, and we reserve the right to limit 3D submissions due to space constraints.
- PRINTED PROGRAM – An Art Show program will be available starting June 25 at the Lichtenstein Center. All accepted artists will be listed by name, hometown, media and website, as well as featured on the show map insert. Business card ads and larger are available for purchase - see advertiser form for details.